Monday 18 March 2013

Photoshopping & Discussions;

As I have photoshop at home I did a lot of photoshopping at home to make my artist look flawless because of the cover of most pop magazine the artist looks flawless and I wanted mine to look the same. I used the blemish tool to touch up any bits that needed doing, and the spot removal brush over a couple of parts. I also used the light tool to make the background and my photo to look a little lighter and this also helped get ride of any dark shadows. I then used different tools to get ride of any fly-away hair on the pictures.  I spent hours cropping out different pictures and placing them in different places on the contents page to see which one looked better, in the end I decided on two different photos for both my front cover and contents page. I spent a lot of time choosing different fonts and colours to see which looks better with which colour and which stood out better, in the end I decided on a final font "Times" which i used a lot throughout the whole magazine.

I originally wanted to keep my front cover roughly the same to my draft magazine as I really liked the photo of the front cover, however Mr Smith thought that my artist needed to look more poppy and her clothes didn't suit the genre of my magazine. I felt that it would be a lot easier to use that photo as my front cover, because its one all of the teachers originally liked and so did I. Also because after doing another photo shoot where I didn't get any ideal photos for the front cover, I thought it was the easier option. Then I did some more pictures which Mr Smith thought she was dressed more like a pop artist, however her hair was different than before which shaped her head differently. I picked out two different dresses, a white flowery one and a dark purple one, and then a crop top and some high waisted shorts.  I then took some more photos, and after asking several different people me and Mr Smith decided on two different photos for my front cover.

1 comment:

  1. Be more specific Faye. What precisely did you do on photoshop and what clothes did you pick out, make up and hair decisions etc.

    Also include your counter arguments to me where you argued your case.

    ReplyDelete