Wednesday 23 January 2013

Magazines Double Page Spread;


 I like the idea of the picture shots at the side of the magazine. Its very indie themed and vintage. The colour scheme is too dark for me and the genre of my magazine. The purple and blacks suggest thats its probably a rock magazine, but also from the photos and how the artist is dressed you can tell. I don't like  how the article has been positioned onto the double page spread, but I think that the picture shots down the right hand side of the page look effective. They've placed the pull quote well over the main picture of the artist, which draws your eyes to the top left hand side of the page. The photos have been very well thought about, and the effects on them make the magazine look bold and bright. You can tell a lot of time and effort has been put into the photos and how the artists have to be dressed, the scenery and props.



I really like this double page spread. How the larger picture of her is in colour and the rest is in black and white. They're different action shots which i think are very creative and unique. I like the style of the writing because there isnt too much written on there. The colours blend well together and it doesnt look too boring. I love how the article has been spread out across the two pages with her in the middle of it. The pull quote looks very neat down the outside of her. I like how its been put in bold as well, which would draw the reader to read that, which would then make them want to read the whole article. The colour scheme is very simple, but they all contrast well together. The pink on her dress makes her stand out from all of the writing and other pictures. The outfit she's wearing isn't something i'd like my artist to wear, however it works well on the artist for this double page spread, and because they've used different action shots in the back, it makes her look all pretty and sweet which is the look i'm going for in my magazine. I like the font of the writing for the article, its bold enough to be able to read and isn't too boring or too much. This double page spread doesn't have a title, which is quite different as most of them do, but I like that they've just used a small paragraph to introduce the whole article and the artist they're writing about. 



I don't really like how the double spread has been laid out, however I do like the font and writing. The colour scheme isn't something which i'd pick out for my double page spread. I think the grey makes the page look quite dull and boring to look at.  Although the pull quotes in white really stand out against the grey background which draws your eyes to them. The speech bubbles and how they've got parts of the interview bigger, which attracts an audience to read it. Which these are another pull quote from the interview, as they've used the bigger pull quote as the title, which I like about layout of the magazine. The outfits they're wearing are clothes which they wear daily. 


 The photo on the right hand side of the page is good and i like how its got a lot of focus on that side, but the writing is all small and squished on one page. I love the colour scheme of this double page spread, its probably the colours which i'd like on mine. The pink writing really stands out, and makes the page looked girly and pretty, which is definitely the look i'm going for. I like the font and the size on the title, and how its been slanted. Its a pull quote from the interview as the title, which is possibly something I might look into for my final magazine double page spread. The size of the first letter is too big and looks out of proportion. I like the idea of highlighting key sections in the interview, could draw the readers attention and make them want to read the article. I really like the having different colours for the question and answer. The picture in the middle of the article is a picture of her on a red carpet I think, which could be wear some of the question were asked. The pink shapes which have been placed around the two pages look affective and style up the pages a bit and make the white background look less boring. Cher Lloyds outfit suits the genre well, and I like the the colour of the clothes, they work well with the colours used for the writing. She has been dressed like a pop star and her pose is very cheesy and cheeky. They've used the whole of the right hand side page of a picture of her, which is what I plan to do with my double page spread. 



I like the colour scheme of this magazine. They all work really well together, they contrast well and the blue, yellow and pink all stand out on the white background. There isn't enough writing on the page, and there are photos of other artists on the double page spread. I think it looks more like a contents page on the right hand side, as the writing isn't really wrote in the style on an article. I think for my final double page spread, i'm going to stick to have just one photo of my artist, which coves the whole page on one side. Kelly has been dressed appropriately for the style the magazine is going for, I like how she's doing something with her hands in both of the photos. Again the photos look very pretty and girley, which is the look I want. Your attention is drawn to the photo of the left hand side page, which is what I want. The layout is simple but not boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment