Saturday 12 January 2013

Media Coursework




This is what we worked on in the very first lesson of starting our coursework. We looked at the different models you can have on the front cover of a magazine, also some conventions you need when making a magazine and the layout of a contents page. I found out that theres three different models you can use, F, H and Z. We learnt about the rule of thirds, and the golden spiral. Then we started work on our preliminary work, and had to come up with three front covers and three different names one for each different layout. I came up with Stage, and focused it on dance and drama and used Sophie Hack as my front cover artist. For my second one I came up with the name Apple, basing it on the Apple Macs in the media room, and about our trip to the Harry Potter Studios a couple of months ago. I was going to use Emily on my front cover for that one. For my final idea, I used the name GOAL which linked with sports and pe, and i was too use Alex Parr on my front cover for this one.
We were then told to set up a coursework blog and too look on CoverJunkie and ffffound for ideas on different magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment